The Department of Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy is both an academic department within the School of Pharmacy at the University of Jordan and a service unit within the University of Jordan Hospital (JUH).
This department has three subsections:
• Biopharmaceutics and clinical biochemistry
• Pharmacy practice
• Pharmacy administration
The staff members at this Department contribute to the excellence of the School of Pharmacy and University through effective service at the School of Pharmacy, community, and public levels in areas of their expertise that ultimately benefit the society.
Members of the department, continue a tradition of exemplary service through the following activities:
• Educate and train Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) students, and Masters of clinical pharmacy students.
• Provide innovative pharmacy services in both the inpatient and ambulatory setting JUH.
• Conduct clinical and basic research, and disseminate results in the biomedical literature.
• Advocate professional roles for pharmacists on national and international levels.
• Collaborate with other health science professionals in teaching, service and research activities.
• Serve the public through presentations to professional audiences and service to professional societies.
The Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences is growing substantially with the recruitment of School members with research strengths in the new fields of pharmacy such as, but not limited to, stem cell research, novel methods of targeted drug delivery, cancer and carcinogenesis, cell and molecular pharmacology and pharmacogenomics. We endeavor to become a preeminent department in Jordan, widely recognized for contributions in scholarship and research, educational and training programs.